Sunday, October 14, 2007

Apple Hill






We just got back from Apple Hill. We had such a wonderful time enjoying Fall up in Northern California. I just realized, on this vacation how lucky I am to live in California. There are so many places that I haven't seen in California and Apple Hill is one of those beautiful places. It is up in the mountains about 45 min. away from Lake Tahoe. We have some friends who have made it a tradition to go up every year. This year they invited us to come with them. It was so nice to breath in the fresh crisp mountain air and to see the leaves change colors. For the first time it felt like Fall. We got up there on Friday night and spent the night in a hotel. Saturday, we went around to all these different farms. The first farm we went to we ate homemade apple doughnuts and hot chocolate(the doughnuts were amazing). Some of the farms had pumpkins growing in the fields, apple orchirds, Train rides, pony and horse rides,got to pick apples and buys things at all the different booths. We had homemade apple cider and apple crisps for desert(very delicious). The boys played very hard and got to eat all the junk food they could stuff into their tummies. They loved picking apples from the trees. The apples taste so much better eating them right off the tree. They got to see how apple juice is made and we got to bring home a bunch of apples. If anyone has any good recipes that include apples I want it. I am going to make homemade applesauce, apple pie, apple crisp ect.... It was a great family vacation!!!

6 comments:

emily salway said...

I knew you'd get it in your blog before me!! I have a couple great pictures of Nash throwing apples that I will try to include in mine. Glad you guys made it back safe and sound. We had a fun time!

Jared and Misty Jensen said...

You have put so many fun pictures up!!! Looks like you guys had so much fun.

Kendra said...

Apple Hill looks like a lot of fun. Great pictures! We miss CA and everyone! Your boys are so cute!

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun! Brookie missed Duncan at church and was worried he was sick!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Your family is getting so big. You look great as always, Apple Hill looks like a lot of fun. I miss you friend.

tiff and chris johnson said...

Lawrence Family..
So fun to see such adorable pictures of your cute family! I can't believe you have a seven year old!! Time flies, especially since we don't get to see you very often! You are all as beautiful as ever! I added you as a friend to my blog! Hope you don't mind!
xoxo
Tiff